Heard that this is just one of the ten avatars. Expecting to see it on the big screen !
With the invitation itself, it was well known that its going to be a special iPod event. The photos of iPod Nano leaked in the media, well before the event. Full screen iPod & a Wi-Fi enabled iPod were much expected. So what were the real surprises in yesterday's event?
- The original iPod or simply "iPod" now gets a name - "iPod Classic"
- Who cares?
- On one side a (once) computer maker with passion in music & on the other side a coffee maker who creates music that wins Grammy awards. Interesting deal !
- A perfect match for Wi-Fi enabled iPod. What else to say?
- For those early adopters, who are complaining: (i) Nokia's timely wit (ii) I paid ~ $500 for an 20 GB B&W screen iPod which had 6 hrs of battery life. Should I complain now? No. Remember one thing with the electronic gadgets. As soon as they leave the designers table and enter the manufacturing line, they are outdated. The next generation cool device is already in the Designer's table. You can keep on waiting to get cheaper, better products. That will never end.
- Although steve didn't say anything about that, Apple website is displaying an image (at this time of writing) with a Bluetooth icon. See it the top-right corner of iPod in landscape position?
In essence, Apple armed itself perfectly for the holiday season. This year, even more number of socks are going to have iPod. Bad news for Zune. A price cut just before this event is not going to help it. Good news for everyone else.
PS: I'm eying on the iPod Touch. Might get one soon :-P
I've moved to a hosted blog from Wordpress and here is how to do it without loosing any data, users & search engine referrals.
I'll assume that you are moving http://example.wordpress.com to http://blog.example.com
- Login to WordPress; go to Manage->Export. Use this option and export all your blog entries, categories, comments in an XML file and save to your local disk
- Get an account with a hosting service, which supports PHP and gives you some DB (mostly MySQL)
- Follow the guidelines by your hosting service to create a DB. Note down the user name & password
- Download and unzip the WordPress from here.
- copy wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php and give the DB details
- The toughest part will be to go thru the WordPress installation Wizard and installing it. ;-)
- Now with the password that you got from the install wizard, login to Dashboard
- If you have unzipped the wordpress into a different directory and/or you are publishing it to a subdomain, you need to specify it. Go to Options and change the urls (Wordpress URL should point to the subdirectory (http://example.com/<unzipped dir>) and blog address should point to subdomain (http://blog.example.com)
- Go to Options->Permalinks and "Date and Name based" one. By default that is the one followed in WordPress.com
- Go to Manage->Import and point to the xml file you have exported earlier from WordPress.com
- In case you have used any special WordPress marker URLs (like YouTube, Digg, ...), you need to edit the individual entries and embed them properly
You are done with the content. What about the existing users and the hits you were getting so far from the search engines? Follow these steps:
- Purchase the Domain Upgrade @ WordPress.com.
- Mention the same domain in which you are hosting the blog (blog.example.com)
- Go to Upgrades->Domains and do "Put Blog here" for the purchased domain
Now WordPress.com will redirect all the traffic for http://example.wordpress.com to that http://blog.example.com. Since that domain name will resolve to your hosting service, it will be directed to that. The URLs & contents are available for the users without any problem. This includes the feeds as well. So those who have subscribed to your WordPress.com feeds will automatically get this feed (all major feed readers will respect redirection).Yeah, you are done. Seamless move. Now you can enjoy all the nice plugins and themes that were not available with the WordPress.com hosting. In case you are missing any nice functionality like the tag cloud, you can write one and share it to the community :-)
இந்த மாசத்து புகைப்படப்போட்டிக்கான தலைப்பு 'வண்ணங்கள்'. நம்ம கலெக்சன்ல இருந்து எத அனுப்பலாம்னு எல்லாம் யோசிக்கவே வேண்டிய வேலையே இல்லாம ரெண்டு தான் தேறுச்சு. ரெண்டுமே கேரளா. மொத படம், வயனாடு போட் ஹவுஸ்ல ஒரு கடைல, ரெண்டாவது திருச்சூர் - சாலக்குடி வழில இருக்கற ஒரு சின்ன டேம்ல.
ரெண்டுமே என்னோட பிலிம் கேமரால எடுத்து கொஞ்சம் iPhotoல டச்சப் செஞ்சது. வழக்கம் போல போட்டோவை கிளிக்கினால், வலது பக்கம் Download லிங்கில் பெரிய படம் கிடைக்கும்
ஆகஸ்ட் மாத போட்டிக்கான படங்கள்
ஜூலை மாத போட்டிக்கான படங்கள்